Each month ClothesRacks.com will support a different charity by donating 5% of our profits to their cause. We believe in supporting our community and nurturing those who are making the greatest social impact. We are grateful that we have customers that love our products and love what we do. We feel compelled to give back and to support others.
The charity of the month for June 2017 is:
About Dress for Success Atlanta
Dress for Success was founded in New York City in 1997 and is now in 142 cities in 20 countries. Dress for Success Atlanta was incorporated in 1997 and works in partnership with more than 20 Referral Agency Partners. To date in 2016, 530 women were referred to Dress for Success Atlanta and 600 accessed at least one of its many job preparedness, employment retention, or career advancement programs or services. Key programs include:
- Interview and Employment Suiting: Complete interview outfits, including shoes and accessories, and working wardrobe, up to five outfits, when she gets a job.
- Professional Women’s Group (PWG): A networking association that encourages career growth for clients who have successfully gained employment. The PWG strives to teach employed women about workplace communication, corporate culture, financial literacy/wealth building, balancing family and work, and more.
- Going Places Network: Four 10 week sessions help unemployed and under-employed clients gain career skills, learn how to utilize job search resources, and build confidence.
- Virginia Philip Career Center: A fully equipped business office and resource for clients to use on their own and/or to meet with HR or IT professionals for job search support and instruction including: résumé and cover-letter writing; Internet, email, and social media as job search tools; job placement software; and mock interviews.
- Professional Workshops: Topics include: “Are you Job Ready” and “Interviewing 101”
- Computer Skills Training: Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel
The Mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Dress for Success Atlanta and are needed in every area of our operation. We are always looking for dedicated people interested in moving the mission of the organization forward.
Dress for Success Atlanta does not charge clients. 100% of the funding for programs and services comes from individuals, corporations, foundations and special events. Dress for Success Atlanta is a 501 (c) 3 charitable organization and is a licensed charity in the state of Georgia. Click here for more information.